2016 with all its surprises, turmoil and heartache is over and a fresh year has begun. Yesterday, flying around social media was this message.
It is true and I hope to fill every page, every day this year with something, however small. A calendar to track my progress, a new notebook and stationary has been purchased* so this years adventure can begin.
My to-do list for 2017
- complete the course I have signed up to A Novel Idea and have a first draft of my WIP (The Hollow) written by 2018.
- Write for 10 minutes at least everyday
- Read 10 minutes everyday – not a hardship for an avid reader who needs books like she needs to breathe
- Take photos
- Connect with others with similar interests in writing in cyberworld and locally
- Learn the craft of writing
- Write short stories
- Enjoy the process of researching the facts my stories need.
- Visit places for research with the added bonus of a cup of tea if I am lucky.
- And the one I am most looking forward too is release my imagination and allow it to go wild.
I hope you all have a wonderful 2017 with lots of books, inspiration and happiness.
*no writer can resist a new notebook with crisp clean pages full of promise and potential. It is the only time an empty page is a positive rather than the daunting sign of the dreaded writer’s block.
1 thought on “A New Year, a new page”