September is here with the promise of my favourite season — Autumn. Cold, crisp mornings with colourful leaves littering the ground tempts people to run through them like a toddler. They always make me smile. Or am I the only one who feels that urge to do that when faced with a pile of leaves? Colder days also make me want to curl up, read and write.
My visitors left a few days so writing is back on my agenda and I hope to see my word count increase as I get my writing room back but best of all writing group has begun again. Two hours a week of uninterrupted writing time, catching up with friends and of course, eating biscuits or if we are lucky cake. I lost a stone over the summer by not eating carbs – I wonder if this will continue when fresh homemade cakes such as warm chocolate brownies are brought in. I have missed the companionship of fellow writers, the exercises and prompts but especially the laughs our stories will bring either by design or accident. I have my new notebook and pencil ready to be filled.
Last month reads
- I Give You My Heart by Sarah Jane Ford
- Angelica Stone by Susi Osbourne
- All the Hidden Truths by Claire Askew
- The Illustrated Herbiary: Guide and Rituals from 36 Bewitching Botanicals by Maia Toll
- The Retreat by Mark Edwards
- The Possible World by Liese 0’Halloran Schwarz
- Coffee Break Companion by S.L Grigg
- Forest Bathing Retreat by Hannah Fries
This month planned reads
- The Lost Children by Helen Phifer
- The Amber Maze by Christopher Bowden – watch out for a review this week at Duvet Dwellers books
- Josie James and the Teardrops Summer by Lily Mae Walters – watch out for review on Duvet Dwellers books this week.
- Titania’s Book of Hours A Celebration of the Witch’s Year by Titania Hardie – a bargain find in the charity shop
I am cutting back on blog tours and reviews to focus on my WIP but it would be impossible not to read and luckily, writers need to read. I wonder if there are any writers who find reading a chore.
Happy writing and reading!
4 thoughts on “September arrival and summer goodbyes”
I am so ready for autumn too. I love snuggling up with a blanket and a good book xx
Wow, you have done some good reading. I envy you right now. I need some time to be able to read some more.
Autumn, cake, biscuits and chocolate brownies! Sounds fantastic! We are in spring here, not looking forward to the hot weather 😦 Your post has prompted me to ask my wife to bake those brownies 🙂
I hope you enjoy the brownies and the spring days.