After a very quiet Christmas, 2019 is insight and it is time to say goodbye to 2018. This year has been emotionally difficult but I have survived thanks to my writing. I am looking forward to starting a fresh page in the chapter of my life.
Farewell to my 2018 goals
Looking at the plans I made in January’s post there are some which will roll over into 2019.
- I am still disorganised, with notes in different places but they are more contained and with a new planner I am hopeful I can change.
- the first draft for The Elfaenian Journals has not been finished because I got sidelined by Willow’s story. On the plus side, it does not hide in a dusty file on my PC forgotten but always in my thoughts. By writing Willow’s world, it is evolving too.
- a visit to Whitby for a research and chips is still needed
But I did achieve some.
- I had outings to York to see Macbeth and the inspirational North York Moors.
- I met up with the delightful Jennifer Gilmour for a hot chocolate after speaking to her online.
- I have written more book reviews on From Under The Duvet – Books, Cards and a Wobbly Life, the new name for Duvet Dweller Books and made sure I added them on Goodreads and Amazon.
- I have read books on writing and learnt lots from talking to the writing community on Twitter and Facebook
Other things I did this year which surprised me were:
- winning books for my book shelf and TBR in Twitter competitions
- starting a new project with my favourite character so far Willow Anderson
- completing NaNoWriMo thanks to winning coaching with the lovely Megg Geri
The aim for 2019 is simple – write, read and enjoy.
Happy New Year.
P.S Percy is still alive